Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No house for you!

Overlook Road doesn't want us. Our bid to buy The House, the one we imagined ourselves living in for the next 18 years, was turned down in favor of another bid. It's hard not to take it personally. We put in a great bid, and considering the current market, it's hard to understand why they would turn it down. I have no idea what the other group offered. Maybe they had the whole thing in cash, which would look better than our virtually cash-less offer (still, why should it be their concern where we get the money, as long as we get it?). I could, of course, go around and around for days wondering why, playing the woulda coulda shoulda game, but the end result is the same. I guess I'll have to console myself with the knowledge that the timing would have been bad (as an understatement), and selling this house in the current market would have taken years off my life. I'll have to find something else to focus on, to lift my spirits.

I know! I'm about to have a baby! I'm about to take a trip around the world! I'm about to turn my life upside down! Maybe, just maybe, putting my house up for sale right about now would have been a bad idea. Other things to life my spirits? I have a pretty great 3 year old here at home. Oh, and a fantastic husband. Not to mention a great neighborhood, a nice house, overall a pretty damn good life. I really have nothing to complain about. So we didn't get the house. From what I can tell, there are a few other decent houses in the Twin Cities, and one of them is bound to go up for sale in the next year. I wish I had more confidence that we'll find a house with the amazing features of the one that we lost, at the price they were asking, but again, what's the point of going there. They didn't want us. No house for you!

No comments: