Thursday, July 5, 2007

Your love is like a rollercoaster baby baby....

Now we have the house. The House, the one we pictured our children growing up in and all that business, is ours. Seriously. I got a call from our agent today, informing me that the deal with the other buyers fell through and now they wanted to know if we - the rejected ones - were still interested in buying the house. I have to tell you, I hesitated for a couple of hours. For the last week and a half, I have been coming up with all sorts of reasons why I was glad we didn't get the house. I love Minneapolis. I love not being in debt. I love our neighbors. I love being 30 feet away from endless miles of paved running and biking trails. I even found a nearby daycare for Meron that sounds perfect. I was all set to settle in.

And then Mike calls and drops the bomb.

What a freakin' rollercoaster this has been. I'll spare you the psychological gymnastics I went through before finally saying yes. I think Paul was ready to say yes right away, but I needed to process first. I know, you're very surprised, as you've heard that psychologists hate processing things. But I guess I'm unique that way.

Anyway, until the house is taken off the listings, any interested readers can check it out. I should warn you, though: this house is all about potential. It is a mint condition 1971 house. I'm pretty sure they've changed the carpet and the stovetop and that's it. So don't judge the decor. One of the major appeals of this house is that it was VERY reasonably priced, which allows us to slowly remodel whatever we want, however we want, and customize the house to fit our taste. Of course, we won't be able to afford that until the kids have gone off to college, so they will grow up looking at psychadelic wallpaper, groovy light fixtures, and a kitchen so old it actually has a built-in blender attachment in the countertop (anyone else but me have one of those in their homes growing up?), but it could be worse.

Edit: I decided it maybe wasn't such an internet-savvy thing to do to post all that info. If you're interested in knowing where the house is, email me. If you don't have my email address, then you're probably not someone to whom I want to give my new address.

No comments: