Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Blys made it to 2009!

Happy New Year!! Or, should I say, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, AND Happy New Year!

You may be wondering just what I have been doing while not keeping the blog up to date. In fact, I've been blogging my crazy little fingers off...just not here. So if you're ever feeling like you need a little dose of Terri prose, you can go to the Nature of Beauty blog - - and see what I've been up to with the biz. Or, you can check out, too, as I post there from time to time as well. See? I have been blogging my little fingers off!

I'm sorry I've been so bad about updating you on the family, though. There's been a ton of stuff to write about, too. When I have the other computer with all the pics, I'll upload those. In the meantime, tomorrow Meron has surgery. My poor little punkin has had a sinus infection for the past 4 months, and after 3 courses of antibiotics, it hasn't gone away. It gets better with each one, but then comes back like the hour after she has her last dose. I try not to panic, and have been doing fairly well at that. Must be the Lexapro, because it's really the kind of thing I normally panic about. Just before Christmas I thought she had a bunch of ear wax in her ear, but when I went to clean it out, I realized it was...a....big booger. Then I looked in the other ear, and sure enough, yet another booger. While it was certainly possible Meron was experimenting with a booger relocation project, behind the nasty green blobs were streams of the liquid version (a.k.a. snot, in case you weren't following me). I figured that wasn't normal, and sure enough, the sinus infection had burst through both ear drums and the stuff was flowing out her ears. Apparently her nose was not large enough to do the job.

What that means is that tomorrow morning my little nugget is having tubes put in her ears. And they're going to test the junk in her sinuses to see if the bacteria is a drug-resistant kind like, say, a staph infection. Again, should be panicking, somehow calming typing instead. They may also remove her adenoids if they are infected, too. All in all, it's going to be a lovely morning, and I expect Meron to enjoy the entire process. I have already sustained some hearing loss after the visit with the ENT doctor. If you haven't heard Meron scream her best scream, just listen very carefully tomorrow morning around 8am, and no matter where in the country you may be, you will probably hear something that sounds like an air raid siren that occasionally stops to take a breath.

I think that's probably sufficient for now. I'll do my best to keep this blog in better shape, and within days, there will be some great new pics!

No comments: